Private Rabat Tours
Rabat is the current capital of Morocco and well placed for Private Tours of Morocco that include the Imperial Cities of Fes, Meknes and Marrakech. With enough days there is the option to include the Erg Chebbi desert close to the Berber villages of Merzouga, Khamlia and Hassilabed; the ‘blue town’ of Chefchaouen in the Rif; the High Atlas Mountains with the option of a hike in Toubkal National Park; the coastal towns of Essaouira and/or Oualidia.
Our tours, in a private vehicle with local Moroccan driver, travel at your own pace and are suitable for couples, singles travelling on their own, couples, groups of friends and families with children.
Key Sites of Rabat
- Chellah Necropolis park and archaeological site on the ancient Roman town of Sala
- Kings Palace constructed on the site of an 18th century palace
- Kasbah of Oudayas named after the tribe sent here to defend the city against the Andalusians
- Tour Hassan minaret of an incomplete mosque circa 1195-1199. In place of stairs the tower is ascended by ramps
- Mausoleum of Mohamed V who saved Moroccan Jews from the occupying Vichy regime during World War II
Browse our Rabat Itinerary Page for sample tours bearing in mind these are only suggestions and can be customized to meet your requirements: