Suggested Itineraries for Tours in Morocco
Marrakech Excursions (all)
Private Morocco Tours from Marrakech
Marrakech day trips and treks include the High Atlas, Ouzoud, Essaouira, Ait Benhaddou and Ourika Valley. Marrakech Desert Tours over 4 days or 5 days include (optional) camel trekking in Erg Chebbi or Erg Chigaga. There are also 3 day or 4 day Marrakech Desert Tours to Fes with (optional) Erg Chebbi camel treks to overnight in our deep desert camp.
Marrakech, one of the most sought-after destinations in North Africa, is just a 3 hour flight from London. This colourful and vibrant city, often described as ‘an assault on the senses’ is ideal for short weekends or longer trips that include Fes or the Sahara.
Suggested day trips from Marrakech are the High Atlas valleys and Berber villages i.e. Ourika Valley and Setti Fatima or Ouirgane Valley with Imlil or Tin Mal, a hike in Toubkal National Park, lunch in the Kasbah, the souk in Telouet, Ait Benhaddou and the coastal town of Essaouira to wander at your leisure and eat fresh-fish lunch.
Authentic tours from Marrakech include Atlas treks with the optional ascent of Mount Toubkal, camel trekking tours to the Sahara dunes of the Erg Chebbi or Erg Chigaga sand seas and cultural tours to include Fes. Authentic tours from Marrakech run Marrakech to Marrakech, Marrakech to Fes, Marrakech to Agadir, Marrakech to Casablanca and elsewhere on request. Tours are suitable for couples, friends, groups, corporate events and family tours with children.
Quick Links for Tours, Excursions and Day Trips from Marrakech
- 1 day tours - Marrakech City Tours with English Speaking Guides
- 1 day tours – Marrakech Day Trips including Ait Benhaddou
- 2 days tours – Marrakech Atlas Tours & Excursions
- 3 days, 4 days or 5 days tours - Marrakech Desert Tours with Camel Trekking
- 3 days, 4 days or 5 days tours - Marrakech to Fez Desert Tours
- Marrakech Atlas Treks with or without Mount Toubkal
- 6 days and 7 days or more - Private Morocco Tours & Excursions
- Marrakech Twin Centre Holidays – Marrakech and Essaouira or Fes
- Marrakech Luxury Short Breaks in Morocco
- Marrakech Restaurants
- Bonded Morocco Tours – Prices, Confirmation and Payment Options
Day Tours - Marrakech City Tours with English Speaking Guide
Hire a local guide (Official English speaking City Guide) to meet you at your riad or hotel and show you around Marrakech. Take a half day walking tour to orientate yourselves or a full day tour around the souks, historical sites and the Djemaa el Fna:
- Djemaa El Fna, one of the greatest squares in Africa and a UNESCO World Heritage site. Wander amongst the tooth-pullers, snake charmers, water-sellers, storytellers and scribes during the afternoon; at night the square transforms to a festival atmosphere when a myriad of food stalls are wheeled in from the alleyways; their tables and benches illuminated by lamplight and wreathed in the smoke of one hundred Berber Barbeques
- Colourful Labyrinthine Souks e.g. the metal souk where proud artisans craft objects as their forefathers did centuries before them; the dyers souk where colourful skeins of wool hang drying in the sunlight; the carpet souk where hand-crafted Moroccan rugs hang like exquisite paintings; the jewellery souk where windows glitter with gold
- Gardens and Palaces e.g. Jardins de Majorelle, Bahia Palace, the landmark Koutoubia Mosque, the 15th-century Saadian Tombs (the resting place of Marrakech’s most illustrious dynasty) and the Ben Youssef medersa and museum
- Amizigh Cultural Museum that is recently re-opened in the Jardins de Majorelle is well worth a visit and, as there is a cafe and toilets in the gardens, why not make the most of your visit and catch a horse-drawn caleche one way
- Maison de la Photographie is another favourite of mine with a permanent exhibition of old black and white images taken in Morocco. Well worth a visit if you have an interest in photography.
1 Day Tours - Marrakech Day Trips
Marrakech Day Trips to Telouet and Kasbah of el Glaoui
pick-up from your hotel and cross the highest Atlas road pass of Tizi-n-Tichka with far-reaching views over the mountains, valleys and villages. Visit the traditional Berber village of Telouet and take a guided walk to the abandoned kasbah of el Glaoui, former war lord and pasha of Marrakech, and the small village where the descendants of the Pasha’s slaves live. Lunch in a Berber Guesthouse and, on a Thursday, visit a traditional Atlas village souk
Marrakech Day Trips to Essaouira with optional camel/horse ride
8am pick-up from your hotel and transfer to the coastal fishing port of Essaouira (3hrs). There is the option to visit a women’s argan oil co-operative en route – the argan tree only grows on the West coast of Morocco and the oil is extracted for salad oil, amlou (mixed with almonds and honey to make a delicious paste) and skin care. If you want to camel trek along the beach your driver will take you to where the camels are. In Essaouira you can wander at your leisure through this relaxed and friendly small town e.g. ramparts, craft shops in the medina, art galleries and fishing harbor. For lunch there are many small cafés where fresh fish is served.
Marrakech Day Trips to Ouzoud and the Waterfalls
8am pick-up from your hotel and transfer to the waterfalls at Ouzoud (3hrs). There are the highest falls in Morocco and, although it is a climb down to the bottom of the falls, there are steps. Ouzoud is a popular camping site for Moroccans in Summer.
Marrakech Day Trips to Ourika Valley and Setti Fatima
9am pick-up from your hotel and transfer along the Ourika valley to the Berber village of Setti Fatima (1.5hrs) where you could hire a local guide and walk to the waterfalls (45mins). Also included is Oukaimeden but please note that the road is occasionally closed in winter months due to snow.
Marrakech Day Trips to Ait Benhaddou and the UNESCO Site
8am pick-up from your hotel and cross the Tizi-n-Tichka to visit the World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou (4hrs), one of Morocco’s most spectacular ksours (fortified villages) that once stood on the route of the trans-Saharan caravan route through the Atlas mountains to the fondouks of Marrakech. Time permitting, visit the Berber village of Telouet and Kasbah el Glaoui on the return to Marrakech
Marrakech Day Trips to Imlil and the Toubkal National Park
8am pick-up from your hotel and drive along the Ouirgane Valley before detouring to Imlil, a Berber village that lies on the edge of the Toubkal National Park (1.5hrs). Wander around this small and traditional Berber village, lunch in a Berber café (or Kasbah Toubkal or Kasbah Tamadot). Include the souk at Tahanoute on a Tuesday and the souk at Asni on a Saturday. There is also the option to include Tin Mal on the return to Marrakech (time permitting).
2 days tours – Marrakech High Atlas Tours and Excursions
- Atlas Berber Village Life. Visit the Atlas village of Telouet and a traditional Berber souk. Visit the Kasbah of el Glaoui, former War Lord and Pasha of Marrakech, and take an easy guided walk in the Atlas. Overnight in a Berber Guesthouse
- Ait Benhaddou. Travel across the Tizi-n-Tichka to Ouarzazate and visit the World Heritage Site of Ait Benhaddou. Overnight in a hotel with pool and return (summer only) across the original caravan trade road through Ounila valley and over the Tizi-n-Telouet to Telouet; or take the main route. In Telouet, visit the Kasbah of el Glaoui
- Short Atlas Trek. Transfer from Marrakech to your base in the Atlas and trek, with or without mules, through valleys and Berber villages. Or base yourself in a Berber Guesthouse and take day-walks with a Berber guide
3 days, 4 days and 5 days tours - Marrakech Desert Tours with Camel Treks
We often receive requests for 1 day Marrakech camel treks, from Marrakech to the Sahara, but the dunes are a 10hrs drive and we recommend 4 days for a desert tour that breaks the journey each way i.e. of a 3-day trip you will spend ten hours in a vehicle on one of the days.
Marrakech Desert Tours: 'Tea in the Sahara Marrakech Desert Tours & Camel Treks'
3 days, 4 days and 5 days tours - Marrakech to Fez Desert Tours
Because of the distance, and drive times involved, we recommend at least 3 days for a Marrakech to Fes desert tour that includes the highlights along the route. Extra days slow down the pace of the trip.
Marrakech to Fes Tours: 'Marrakech to Fes and Fes to Marrakech Desert Tours'
Marrakech Treks and Walking Holidays
There are numerous trekking and walking options from Marrakech including Toubkal National Park, Ait Bougomez, Mgouna and the Sarhro.
Trekking from Marrakech: 'Marrakech Hiking and Walking Treks'
6 days & 7 days or more – Private Morocco Tours & Excursions
Contact us for a customised Morocco tour of an unlimited number of days in a Toyota Land Cruiser with private driver. Independent tours of Morocco include your chosen places of interest e.g. historical sites, kasbahs, oasis valleys, Berber villages, nomads, camel treks in Erg Chebbi or camel treks in Erg Chigaga, Gnawa musicians, colourful souks, roman ruins, ancient palmeries and anything else that you would like to include in your Moroccan holiday. We can meet you on arrival in Casablanca, Tangier or Fes and transfer you to Marrakech for a few days before you explore Morocco on a private 4x4 tour.
Marrakech Twin Centre Holidays with Essaouira or Fes
Marrakech Twin Centre Trips – Marrakech and Essaouira
To avoid long distances and drive times, a two centre Morocco trip with Marrakech and Essaouira, is a great way to spend a week. Arrive into Marrakech, transfer to your riad in the Old Medina, and explore this bustling city before heading for the coastal town of Essaouira to relax and unwind in a riad with sea views. With a return flight from Marrakech in the late morning or afternoon we can transfer you direct from Essaouira to the airport in Marrakech – or spend your last night in Marrakech.
Marrakech Twin Centre Tours – Marrakech and Fes
Combine the two imperial cities of Marrakech and Fes. Marrakech, a bustling town with its tourists, souks, medina, palaces, gardens and the Djemaa el Fna. Fes, home to the oldest university in the world and the spiritual centre of Morocco, with its medina, madrasas (Koranic schools), tanneries, mosques, fondouks, palaces and fountains. It is however a 6hrs drive between Marrakech and Fes, with no direct flight, so you will have two full days travelling that can include the highest waterfalls in Morocco at Ouzoud.
Marrakech Luxury Short Breaks in Morocco
Marrakech is the perfect choice for a luxury short break in Morocco with direct flights from most European cities. Stay in a luxury riad in the Old Medina, a luxury villa in the palmerie or a luxury hotel in the High Atlas. Include time to explore with a guide and time to relax in your luxury surroundings.
Marrakech Restaurants and Night Clubs
Restaurants in Marrakech include:
- Dar Yacout, 79, sidi Ahmed Souss. T: 024 31 01 04
- Ksar El Hamra, 28, RIAD zitoun LakdimSouss. l: 024 42 76 07
- Al Fassia, 55 Av Zerktouni, Guéliz. T: 024 43 40 60
- Le Tobsil, Bab Ksour 25, Place Zaoui et Hadar. T: 024 44 40 52
- Dar Moha, 81 Rue Dar el Bacha. T: 024 38 64 00
- Le Pavillon, 47, Derb Zaouia, Bab Doukkala. T: 024 38 70 40
- La Bohème, 2, place Jamaâ El Fna. T: 024 95 42 39
- Jacaranda, 32, bd Zerktouni, guéliz. T: 024 44 72 15
- Café de la Paix, 68, rue Yougoslavie, Guéliz. T: 024 43 31 18
- Le Cantanzaro, Rue Tarik bnou Ziad, Guéliz, T: 024 43 37 31
- La Trattoria, 179, rue Mohamed El Bequal, Guéliz, T: 024 43 26 41
Bonded Morocco Tours – Prices, Confirmation and Payment
Please refer to: 'Private Morocco Tours - Pricing'
To read our clients’ feedback please refer to: 'Tours of Morocco - Testimonials'